GOOD ANGEL is a system through which as many as tens of thousands of donors, known as “Good Angels”, can provide much-needed help to thousands of people facing serious illness, even through relatively small regular monthly payments.
- Good Angels can contribute via standing or one-time payment orders to Account No. 8001008/5500, in which they enter their Angel ID as the variable symbol. Each Good Angel is immediately allocated their unique ID number upon registering with the system. At the same time, Good Angels are able to monitor the utilization of their donations by logging in to their Angel Account, which is accessible as of the business day following their registration.
- On the first business day of each and every month, we divide up all of the funds received in the previous month into equal parts, distributing them to families in need on the very same day.
GOOD ANGEL is a unique system because:
1. It distributes the donations down to the last “penny”
The donations from thousands of donors, or Good Angels, received in a given month are distributed evenly through the GOOD ANGEL System among hundreds of families, always on the first business day of the following month. All operating costs of the GOOD ANGEL endowment are covered out of the private funds of its founders.
2. You can see who you are helping
Each donor, or Good Angel, has their own Angel ID and password, allowing them to access their Angel Account at www.dobryandel.cz. There, they can check the current amount of donations they’ve made, as well as the names, addresses, and life stories of the people to whom the GOOD ANGEL System has delivered the given donor’s donations.
3. It provides help every month on a regular basis
The GOOD ANGEL System makes it possible for thousands of donors, or Good Angels, to provide monthly financial assistance to thousands of families in financial distress, in which the father, mother or any of their children suffers from cancer, or in which a child suffers from another major, long-term illness.
It makes us feel great that we make it possible for people to efficiently help each other. Cooperation brings us joy. Good Angels feel great about giving.
We cooperate with practitioners and nurses, firms and other organizations that share our values.
We respect the weak, the ill and those in need. We respect our colleagues in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors. We respect Good Angels and partners, regardless of the amount of their donation.
We seek the courage to act, to tackle the Big Issues head-on. We seek courage in communication – in setting out our arguments. We seek the strength to defend our values with greater courage, to defend that we are different.
GOOD ANGEL is an endowment, with its registered office at Holečkova 3331/37, 150 00 Prague 5, founded on August 24, 2011 by Ing. Petr Sýkora, Jan Černý and Ing. Andrej Kiska, and registered as of September 15, 2011 under File No. N 1231, Identification No. 24161501.